Masterchef John Zhang shows you how to make simple and delicious Chinese Noodles at home with step by step instruction and recipe below.
#chinesenoodles #chinesecooking #chinesefood
It is really interesting when you make noodles at home. Chinese people especially people from the Northern provinces think this is just a routine for daily life. Homemade noodles usually provide a more chewy taste than store bought ones. The basic steps are easy but there are lots of details for the perfect outcome.
For noodles, high gluten flour will be highly recommended for a chewy taste.
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
– Fresh handmade noodles mixed with scallion oil and soy sauce
— Noodles —
250g all-purpose flour
⅓ cup water
¼ tsp salt
⅛ tsp Baking soda
— Sauce —
100g Light soy sauce
15g Dark soy sauce
30g Celery, chopped
30g Carrot, chopped
30g Onion, Shredded
20g dry shrimps
1 cup yellow cooking wine
1.Handmade noodle: In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, slowly add water and mix with a spatula until water is fully absorbed. Knead by hand, until dough forms and the bowl is clean of flour.cover and let it rest for 2 hours. Dust a working surface (or large cutting board) with flour and transfer the dough onto it.
2. Knead until the surface of the dough becomes smooth, about a few minutes. Dust the working surface again. Press the dough into a flat disc. Roll with a rolling pin into a large thin rectangle. Dust the dough sheet with plenty of flour. Fold the long side till it shapes a multi-layered long sheet. Slice along the short side with a sharp knife to make noodles. Unfold the noodles and shake off extra flour.
3. In a small bowl, soak dry shrimp in yellow cooking wine for one hour.
4. Making sauce: In a skillet at high heat, add a tbsp cooking oil, stir fry celery, carrots and onion till fragrant, add shrimp stir fry a minute, add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, water, vinegar and sugar and continue cooking for a minute. Sift out solid pieces. This is chef John’s special soy sauce. Set it aside.
5. Making green onion oil: In a cooking pot, heat up oil, add in white part of onion, then green part, deep fry till onion turn brown to maximize flavor. Turn off heat when oil reaches 482F(250C). Sift out green onion pieces. This is Chef John Signature Green Onion Oil.
6. Cooking noodles: Bring a large pot of water to boil, drop in noodle, stir gently, boil until noodles are cooked through.
7. Drain water. Put noodles in a serving bowl, dress with Chef John’s Special Soy Sauce and Chef John Signature Green Onion Oil.
If you are searching for some idea about how to make yummy Chinese style noodle dishes, check Chinese noodle recipes .
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we’ve got you covered.