Ingredients For Koftas:
– 2 cups chopped spinach (palak) (100 gm or 1 bunch)
– 3-4 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
– 1/2 cup grated or crumbled paneer
– 1 potato
– 1 tea spoon red chilli powder
– 2 tablespoons of cornflour (cornstarch), for coating of koftas
– salt to taste
Ingredients For Gravy:
– 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
– 7 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
– 5-6 cashew nuts
– 3 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
– 1 tea spoon haldi powder
– 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1 tablespoon kasuri methi
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1½ cup water or as needed
– salt to taste
1. Add 3-4 tablespoons gram flour and roast it over low flame until golden in colour.
2. Separate stems from spinach leaves and chop finely. Cook spinach over medium flame until water is mostly evaporated.
3. Transfer cooked spinach and the roasted gram flour into a bowl and mix well. Add a pinch of salt.
4. In a separate bowl mix well the potato and paneer. Add a pinch of salt and chilli powder.
5. Divide both mixtures into equal sized portions and make round shaped balls from each of them.
6. Take balls of spinach mixture and flatten it to make round shape. Place one ball of paneer mixture in the center of each flattened spinach ball and cover it with the spinach mixture. Make round.
7. Take 2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch) and roll the raw kofta in the cornflour until completely coated.
In a pan, heat 1 tea spoon of oil to cook the koftas until brown. Can also be deep or shallow fried.
1. Add 1 tea spoon of oil to the pan. Once heated, add garlic and cook till golden.
2. Add onion, cook till golden brown.
3. Add tomato and ginger. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add dry powders (haldi, chilli and garam masala powders) and salt.
5. Add milk, cook for 10 minutes.
6. Grind into fine paste. Add water/milk to achieve desired consistency.
7. Cook koftas in gravy for 2 minutes.
8. Enjoy with rice or roti!
For more healthy recipes please like, share and subscribe! For any recipe requests please comment below 🙂