We met Samuele in Messina, Sicily. He works in a restaurant and loves to cook! Samuele invited us into his kitchen and decided to make ‘Pesce alla ghiotta’ for us, which combines swordfish with some of the fresh local ingredients. Watch him make it in the video, we’re sure you’ll enjoy the flair he puts into his cooking!
Fresh sliced swordfish (6-8 oz per person)
1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup green olives
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
2 tbsp capers
Papa Vince Sea Salt
Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Papa Vince Moscato Vinegar to serve
1. Hand press the garlic clove and put it in a frying pan with some Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The skin gives extra flavor, but don’t worry you’ll take it out again later.
2. As the temperature increases add the cherry tomatoes and half a cup of cold water. Leave it to cook for a minute or two with the lid on the pan.
3. Add the swordfish and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
4. Add the capers, olives and another pinch of salt and leave to cook again with the lid on for another 2 minutes.
5. Turn the swordfish over and then add the pine nuts, oregano, fresh parsley & a pinch of black pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes and turn the fish again.
6. Cook for another minute without the lid and the fish should be ready to serve!
7. Serve with some Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Papa Vince Moscato Vinegar to enhance the flavor.
To get your Papa Vince ingredients visit: https//:papavince.com